Quarterly Provider Newsletter
April – June 2021 Provider Newsletter
The CAC Professional Development Department offers approximately 32 courses per quarter to anyone interested in early childhood issues and education. Courses cover a wide variety of topics including introductory child development, guidance and classroom management, working with families, and specific age groups of children. The classes focus on improving the quality of care for children and increasing the knowledge of child care providers.
Utah Approved Online Career Ladder Courses
Care About Childcare can connect you to Online Training for Licensing Clock hours and Career Ladder Professional Development. Click Current ONLINE Utah Career Ladder Approved Course List – Updated 10-17-19 for a list of current online courses.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. We are closed on all major holidays. We can be reached during regular business hours by calling 801-326-4403 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration is available online at Care About Childcare. If you need assistance please contact Carolyn Clark at 801-326-4378 or email@example.com
- The quarterly provider newsletter is available online at www.cssutah.org and will be mailed only to those who request that it be mailed to them.
On the Child Care Registry you can view the course schedule, transcripts for courses that you have already taken from CAC, courses that you are currently enrolled in, your Career Ladder levels, as well as other information about your Professional Development Incentive.
How to Register for a Make Up Session
- Participants can enroll in up to two courses per quarter with up to two make up sessions per course. If more than two sessions need to be made up participants must register for the full course and repay for the course.
- View transcripts or certificates to see which course needs to be made up in order to complete the course.
- View the current Course Schedule to determine if and when the course is being offered.
- Please call the CAC @ CSS Professional Development Department at 801-326-4300 to request a Registration Form for make-up course sessions.
Pre-paid courses are non-refundable; however, if you are unable to attend a course you are registered for, call at least three business days before the first session of course. CAC – CSS can issue a credit voucher to be mailed to you, which can be used for another class. The Professional Development department can be reached at 801-326-4403
If at least half of the sessions in a course are attended, participants may enroll for make-up sessions at no cost at a later date. In order to receive credit and or materials for a session, a participant must attend the whole session. All handouts and materials will only be distributed to those in attending the session.
Professional Development Incentive Information
The Professional Development Incentive (PDI) System is a voluntary statewide professional development program for early childhood educators employed in a child care setting. The goal of the incentive is to increase the quality of child care by providing caregivers ongoing education and training. The program moves caregivers up on the Career Ladder with an incentive awarded for each level completed.
The courses offered through Care About Childcare are designed and approved by the Utah Registry for Professional Development. To learn more about the courses or the PDI system please contact our Professional Development department at 801-326-4403 or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org To view more information about the PDI System and URPD please visit their website at http://urpd.usu.edu/
In an effort to provide a safe, productive, and comfortable learning environment CAC distributes an outline of classroom expectations, entitled the Code of Conduct, when your register for a course. This outline is treated as a contract which all class participants must read and sign in order to register and attend CAC classes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Professional Development department at 801-326-4403
Care About Childcare Course Cancellation Due to Weather, Disaster Policy or Low Enrollment.
- Care About Childcare (CAC) ~ Metro will only cancel a class due to extreme weather, disaster or low enrollment
- It is the responsibility of the class participant to call or text 801-201-0290 to inquire whether classes have been cancelled due to weather or disaster.
- Every attempt will be made by a CAC staff member to notify class participants by text, call or e-mail that a class has been canceled due to low enrollment.
- The decision to cancel classes because of weather or disaster will be made before 4:00 pm on weekdays and 7:30 am. on Saturday
- The decision to cancel classes because of low enrollment will be made at least 2 days prior to the first day of the course
- Cancelled sessions will be re-scheduled ASAP.
- The participant will be notified by text, call or email when the make up class is rescheduled or will be offered a voucher for an alternate course.