Children’s Service Society provides individual and family counseling to anyone touched by adoption. We have professional and personal experience in post adoption therapy with transracial and international adoptions, special needs adoption, kinship adoptions, foster care adoptions, older child adoptions, open adoptions, and infant adoptions. We also have expertise in attachment issues, trauma histories, and birthparent advocacy and support.
- The fee is $70 an hour (sliding scale fee available upon need for birthparents)
- We are located at 655 East 4500 South, Suite 200, Salt Lake City, UT 84107
- Call 801-326-4391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Connected Child by Dr. Karyn Purvis
- The Girls Who Went Away-The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe v. Wade by Ann Fessler
- A Child’s Journey Through Placement by Vera Fahlberg
- Being Adopted: The lifelong Search for Self by Brodzinsky, Schechter & Hening
- Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge
- In On It: What Adoptive Parents Would Like You to Know About Adoption. A Guide for Relatives and Friends by Elisabeth O’Toole
- Because I Loved You: A Birthmother’s View of Open Adoption by Patricia Dischler
- The Primal Wound: Understanding the Adopted Child by Nancy Newton Verrier
- The How & the Why by Cynthia Hand
- You Don’t Look Adopted by Anne Heffron
- Utah’s Adoption Connection Lending Library—A free library of more than 1,000 books regarding adoption, parenting, childhood trauma and more.
Adoptee Support Group
Children’s Service Society’s Free Adult Adoptee Support Group
655 East 4500 South, Suite 200 Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Birthmother Support Group
2nd Thursday of Every Month, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
1323 W 7900 S, FIORE STUDIO, West Jordan, UT
Infertility Support Groups
- Raise the Future (formerly The Adoption Exchange)
Supporting Caregivers in Helping Children Who Have Experienced Trauma and/or Maltreatment:
CSS is a proud member of the American Adoption Congress, United for Adoption, the National Council for Adoption, the Utah Adoption Council, and the North American Council on Adoptable Children.