The Children’s Service Society of Utah is the oldest non-denominational family preservation charity in Utah. With our long history providing pre- and post-adoption services, we understand the unique challenges that adoptive and kinship families can face. We are leaders in adoption-competent mental health care and are the only agency in Utah approved as trainers for the Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) Training for Adoption Competency. We specialize in providing strengths-based, adoption-competent, trauma-informed therapy services to children and caregivers related to adoption or kinship care.
We accept Medicaid and self-pay clients and offer sliding scale fees to help ensure cost is not a barrier to treatment.
WE CAN HELP YOU:
- Identify and enhance your family’s inherent strengths
- Process adoption, foster, and kinship-related grief and loss
- Recognize and understand how adoption and trauma can impact development
- Develop more effective ways of managing challenging behaviors
- Build your child’s self-esteem
- Navigate open adoption relationships
- Develop skills to communicate about adoption and related issues