We provide fingerprinting services for individuals who need to be processed to work in a child care or after school setting. You are not required to come to our office to have your fingerprints processed. You can also have them scanned at a local Public Safety Office or any other Live Scan location.
Child Care Licensing will take you through the process of how to submit background check forms, fingerprints, and fees.
Starting March 17, 2021 Care About Childcare at Children’s Service Society of Utah begin providing fingerprint services on a limited basis. All fingerprinting will be done by appointment ONLY, available Monday – Friday 9am to 1pm. To schedule an appointment, please call 801-326-4400.
We are committed to providing healthy and safe live scan fingerprinting services to child care caregivers. In order to protect all parties, the following best practices have been put in place.
- Appointments are required, and scheduling will allow time for cleaning and sanitation between caregivers.
- Caregivers should limit any personal items brought into CSS.
- Temperature will be checked with a contactless thermometer at the door before being permitted to enter the office.
- Only the caregiver being fingerprinted will be allowed in the office.
- Please have the appropriate form of identification ready, valid government issued photo ID (State-Issued driver license, passport, military ID, or permanent resident card).
- Face masks are required for all parties throughout the live scan appointment.
- Operator will use gloves throughout the entire process.
- Caregivers will be instructed to wash their hands thoroughly before beginning live scan or offered hand sanitizer.
- 6’ social distancing will be maintained, while inputting caregiver’s personal data.
- The live scan system and any surrounding surfaces will be disinfected after serving each caregiver.
Please do not enter Children’s Service Society of Utah if you have any of the following:
- COVID-19 symptoms
- Fever or Feeling Feverish
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- If you have had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have been advised to self-quarantine.
- Have traveled outside of Utah in the past 14 days.