If you would like to learn more about the Utah Guardianship Process, watch this video.

Legal Issues such as Guardianship and Custody can be very problematic for individuals or families that are caring for a relative’s child. Unless you have a legal document from the court stating that you have a legal right to have the child in your home, the child’s parents can remove the child at any time. You can file for guardianship or custody by going to your local district courthouse or going on line to and complete the packet.

Grandfamilies can assist you in obtaining this packet if you are going to represent yourself in court or we can refer you to legal counsel.

If you have questions call our Grandfamilies office at 801-326-4409 for more information.