Are you interested in becoming a child care provider?
- Would you like to be your own boss?
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Do you like being organized?
- Do you enjoy nurturing and being with young children?
- Are you concerned about what happens to children when their parents need to work or go to school?
- Would you like a way to work at home, be with your children, and contribute to the family income at the same time?
Find out how to become licensed and learn about the benefits of being licensed as a child care provider.
Getting Started as a Family Child Care Provider
- Decide whether to get a Family Child Care License or Residential Certificate. Visit Child Care Licensing for the comparison of basic requirements.
- Contact the Child Care Licensing Program, read the licensing rules for whichever you decide.
- You will also need to take the New Provider Training online by clicking here.
- Apply for you license.
- Here are all of the Steps to Obtaining a Child Care License
- Finally, once you receive your license, contact our agency about our start-up reimbursement grant!
Those who are interested in becoming a regulated child care provider can call with specific questions about the licensing process. Care About Childcare can support you in taking steps to becoming a child care provider in your community.