Children’s Service Society of Utah hosts four different free, monthly adoption-related support groups:
- Adult Adoptee
- Teens Adoptee
- Birth Parents
- Adoptive Parents (for families who have adopted, and those hoping to adopt)
What is a support group?
Support groups provide opportunities for people to share personal experiences and feelings related to adoption. Participating in a support group can provide an opportunity to be with people who are likely to understand the adoption experience.
Benefits of participating in a support group may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated, or judged
- Reducing distress, depression, or anxiety
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Learning skills to cope with challenges
- Gaining a sense of empowerment, control, or hope
- Improving understanding of your experience
- Learning about other resources that may help
We would love to have you join any of our adoption support groups at any time. All groups are open and no pre-registration is necessary. Below you can find current information about each of our four groups.