Help with the Application
- Tip #1: Write legibly
- Tip #2: List all information asked for
- Tip #3: Turn all paper work in at once
Help Finding a Provider
- Tip #1: Call your local CAC Referral Line Specialist and they will be able to assist you
- Tip #2: Go to CareAboutChildcare.utah.gov and do a web search
Help With Verification Requirements
Tip #1: Unemployment Benefits
- Turn in if you or a spouse are receiving unemployment benefits.
- Go to the unemployment website and print off the page that shows how much you are receiving weekly.
Tip #2: Termination Statement
- This is a statement from your most recent employer stating when your last day of employment was.
- If you were not currently employed in the last year you may turn in a statement stating why you need to start or return into the workforce.
Tip #3: Proof of any monthly income
- Copy of where that income is from and the amount you are receiving.
- Such as: Child Support, SSI, Alimony, etc.
Tip #4: Pay stubs
- If your spouse is employed turn in those pay stubs for the last 30 days.
- Turn in a work schedule for your spouse.
- Example: M-F 9:00am-5:00pm, M-T-F 11:30am-4:30pm W-Th 8:30am-1:30pm, or M-Th 7:30am-6:00pm off on Fridays
Tip #5: Birth Certificates
- Children’s birth certificates are required to approve your application.
Tip #6: Copy of school schedule for school age children
- This is the school’s address and contact information as well as a calendar or daily schedule.
Tip #7: Verification Request Form
- Turn in one verification request form for each adult looking for employment.
- This form will be used if we have a discrepancy with any monthly information turned in. We will only be asking potential employers date and time of application or interview. No other information will be released to anyone.