Current volunteer opportunities:
Help plan for, or volunteer at, these fundraising events –
Upcoming events include:
All Things Kids Expo – November 3, 2018
Swinging on a Star Gala – February 22, 2019
Please contact email@example.com for more information
Pick up, organize or manage in-kind contributions of children’s clothes and toys:
CSS is grateful to receive donations of toys, clothing and other items from local and national retailers. These contributions come in or go out almost weekly and help is needed to pick up and temporarily store these items in an organized system to ensure they are used as intended – to help the children and families enrolled in CSS programs.
Currently, our paid staff and counselors are taking the time that could be used to help CSS clients with other pressing needs. A volunteer who is committed to the stewardship of these donations could have a direct impact in helping those in need and in stretching the resources of CSS. We would love to find one to three people who could pick up these donations with a few days notice and interact well with the donors. If we are super lucky, someone will come along who wants to be even more involved – a volunteer who loves to organize and perhaps even help with stocking and distribution efforts.
Please call and we can meet and see if this is a good fit for a one-time project, short-term or longer-term volunteer opportunity for you or your group. This is an ongoing need.
- A short, initial training will be needed
- Access to a vehicle or truck would be helpful but not necessary
- Volunteers are asked to treat others with respect, patience, and understanding
- Some volunteers should be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds or able to direct others to do so safely
- Organizational skills a plus
- Groups of people aged 16 to 116 are welcome!