Project Title: Update Early EdU Child Development and Brain Building College Course.
Department: Care About Childcare – Children’s Service Society
Reports to: Program Director of Care About Childcare – Children’s Service Society and Department of Workforce Services – Office of Child Care Professional Development Staff
General Summary: Care About Childcare – Children’s Service Society and the Office of Child Care is searching for a faculty member employed at a Utah institute of higher education in the field of early childhood education to update a child development course that currently covers ages birth through 5 to include ages birth through 12. This course is taught through Utah’s Early EdU Collaboration, which allows early childhood professionals to take low-cost college courses and receive credit through Southern Utah University.
- Update Child Development and Brain Building Early EdU course to include information that pertains to children birth through 12 and align with the child development courses (2500) taught in Utah institutes of higher education in the learning management system Canvas.
- The course is asynchronous and involves assignments that include discussion boards as well as students filming themselves interacting with children and uploading those videos. There is an instructor who facilitates the course.
- Applicants must have experience with Canvas, writing curriculum and teaching a child development course at the college level within the past five years.
- The completion date for the project is January 1, 2022.
- The compensation for the project is $5,000.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2021.