Quarterly Provider Newsletter
July – September 2017 Newsletter
July – September 2017 Class Schedule
July – September 2017 Registration Form & Code of Conduct
July – September Spanish Class Schedule Registration Form
The CAC Professional Development Department offers approximately 32 classes per quarter to anyone interested in early childhood issues and education. Classes cover a wide variety of topics including introductory child development, guidance and classroom management, working with families, and specific age groups of children. The classes focus on improving the quality of care for children and increasing the knowledge of child care providers.
Care About Childcare Online Training
Care About Childcare offers online training for all child care providers through the Smart Horizons web based training. Click here to access information about this training opportunity: smarthorizons.org/naccrra/cssu/
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. We are closed on all major holidays. We can be reached during regular business hours by calling 801-326-4403 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Registration is available online at CareAboutChildcare.utah.gov. If you need assistance please contact Denise Waagen at 801-326-4378 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The quarterly provider newsletter is available online at www.cssutah.org and will be mailed only to those who request that it be mailed to them.
On the Child Care Registry you can view the class schedule, transcripts for classes that you have already taken from CAC, classes that you are currently enrolled in, your Career Ladder levels, as well as the deadline for your next Professional Development Award.
How to Register for a Make Up Session
- Participants can enroll in up to two courses per quarter with up to two make up sessions per course. If more than two sessions need to be made up participants must register for the full course and repay for the course.
- View transcripts or certificates to see which class needs to be made up in order to complete the course.
- View the current Class Schedule to determine if and when the class is being offered.
- Complete the Registration Form found in the newsletter or by clicking on the Registration Form link. Indicate which make up is needed and circle the “mu” and the date of the session needed. Please make sure to sign the Code of Conduct and mail it with the Registration Form.
- Mail the form and Code of Conduct to the address indicated on the Registration Form. *Please remember to keep a record of your class schedule before mailing.
Pre-paid classes are non-refundable; however, if you are unable to attend a class you are registered for, call at least two business days before the first session of class. If CAC – CSS can fill your slot you will be mailed a credit voucher, which can be used for another class. The Professional Development department can be reached at 801-326-4403
If at least half of the sessions in a course are attended, participants may enroll for make-up sessions at no cost at a later date. In order to receive credit and or materials for a session, a participant must attend the whole session. All handouts and materials will only be distributed to those in attending the session.
Professional Development Award Information
The Professional Development Award (PDA) System is a voluntary statewide professional development program for early childhood educators employed in a child care setting. The goal of the award is to increase the quality of child care by providing caregivers ongoing education and training. The program moves caregivers up on the Career Ladder and rewards longevity in the field with cash bonuses.
Eligible caregivers completing the requirements and maintaining a minimum of ten hours of approved training per year, will receive a yearly cash bonus. Caregivers who achieve a Level 4 or higher and continue to apply annually for the award will get a substantial increase in their award amount.
The classes offered through Care About Chilcare are designed and approved by the Child Care Professional Development Institute (CCPDI). To learn more about the courses or the PDA system please contact our Professional Development department at 801-326-4403 or email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org To view more information about the PDA System and CCPDI please visit their website at http://ccpdi.usu.edu.
Becoming a Host Site for Care About Childcare Classes
The requirements for hosting CAC courses are as follows:
- Sign an agreement contract
- Provide a working TV & DVD player
- Provide Adult size tables & chairs for 30 adult participants
- Provide an on-site representative to be available 45 minutes prior to the start of the training class and to close the building when class ends
- Set up & take down tables & chairs (tables & chairs need to be set up 45 minutes before the start of class)
- Provide enough parking for up to 30 cars
In exchange for hosting the training class the host site will receive a voucher for 2 free classes.
If your site meets the above listed requirements and is interested in becoming a host site for CAC- CSS, have a representative contact Carolyn Ellsworth at 801-326-4379 or email@example.com
In an effort to provide a safe, productive, and comfortable learning environment CAC distributes an outline of classroom expectations, entitled the Code of Conduct, with each registration form. This outline is treated as a contract which all class participants must read and sign in order to register and attend CAC classes.
Download our Code of Conduct Contract.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Professional Development department at 801-326-4403
Care About Childcare Class Cancellation Due to Weather or Disaster Policy
- CAC will only cancel a class due to extreme weather, disaster or any other safety emergency situations.
- If classes are cancelled there will be a recorded message in our phone system at 801-326-4403 stating that classes have been cancelled. The decision to cancel classes and the recording will be changed at 4:00 pm for weekday classes. For Saturday classes participants should call at 7:30 am Saturday morning. The instructor will be notified of the decision and an attempt to notify the class participants by telephone will be made by the Professional Development department and the instructor. The decision will not be made before 4:00 pm for weekday classes or before 7:30 am for Saturday classes. The participants will be notified when the make up session for a cancelled class has been scheduled.