Dear Child Care Provider,
Care About Childcare at Children’s Service Society (CAC-CSS) values your opinion regarding the services we offer to you as a child care provider. Our annual survey is now available online at (click on the link) https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DXQ8HHL2016CACCSSAnnualSurvey
If you prefer to take the survey on a paper form one can be mailed to you with a return envelope included or you may download a copy from our website (click here) 2017 CAC@CSS Annual Survey at SurveyMonkey
The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Your participation will help us to understand your level of satisfaction, as well as assess the areas in which we can improve. If you would like us to contact you regarding any of your responses or for more information, please include your name and contact information at the end of the survey.
As a thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your opinion with us, we will send you a voucher for a FREE Career Ladder class! To receive the class voucher, please complete the survey online or return by mail no later than May 4, 2017. Thank you in advance for your input.
For questions or assistance please contact Denise at 801-326-4403 or email@example.com
Care About Childcare has received phone calls from providers regarding other entities trying to collect their information for child care referrals. The providers are being asked for their credit card and personal information.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT CARE ABOUT CHILDCARE DOES NOT MAKE THESE TYPES OF CALLS! All of Care About Childcare services are FREE of charge. Care About Childcare will NEVER call and ask you for money or credit card numbers. If you receive any type of communication asking for your personal information know that it is not Care About Childcare, please don’t give it out!
Child Sexual Abuse Prevention and Awareness
For free downloads of training materials on child sexual abuse prevention and awareness go to the Stop It Now! website at stopitnow.org under Caregivers & Professionals. Prevent Child Abuse Utah also has free online training for parents at pcautah.org.
Another option for online training and resources is on the Darkness to Light website at D2L.org. D2L offers 2 hours of online training from $5- $25 in English and many other languages. For face-to-face training options please look for “Trainings Near You” on the D2L website or contact Sandy Craft at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-641-9970.
Professional Development Award
All Professional Development applications must be mailed to CCPDI no later than May 30, 2017. Applications received after May 30th will be returned and applicants will need to wait until their next award date. Please contact CCPDI at 1-800-531-2468 with application questions.
Support from Care About Childcare at Children’s Service Society
Recruitment and Retention Consultants are available to provide information on initial training for individuals entering the field as new family child care providers. We help you connect with resources, grants, and ongoing support throughout your first year. New child care providers are linked with the Professional Family Child Care Association (PFCCA) which offers provider support groups, conferences, and information on accreditation from the National Association of Family Child Care (NAFCC), among many other benefits.
Getting Started as a Family Child Care Provider
1. Decide whether to get a Family Child Care License or Residential Certificate
2. Contact the Child Care Licensing Program. You can download information regarding the family child care rules and an application form or have the information mailed to you by calling toll-free 888-287-3704.
3. People who are interested in becoming a regulated child care provider can call with specific questions about the licensing process and register to attend the New Provider Orientation.
4. Attend child care classes that are scheduled in your area.
Free Advertising for Your New Child Care Program
One of the many valuable services offered by CAC is the opportunity to receive free advertising for your child care program. Provide the Referral Department with specific information about the services you offer in order to match you with families who are looking for child care. This will take just a few minutes of your time and your program may begin receiving referrals immediately.
- To begin receiving referrals, Click Here
- To learn more about our referral process and read our policy for giving referrals for your program Click Here.
Read our brochure on how to promote a quality child care program:
This brochure gives detailed information on getting started, retaining customers, locating community resources, and much more.
Initial Training for Becoming a Family Provider
- Basic Child Care Class: This is an introductory class that meets the training requirements for new providers who are seeking a Residential Certificate or Family Child Care license. This class covers all of the topics required by the Office of Child Care Licensing and you will receive a certificate for 10 hours of training. CAC also has information, training, and resource books on various topics related to setting up a new business such as insurance, taxes & record keeping, and marketing ideas.
- The Exploring Creative Curriculum Classes: These classes are suitable for either new providers or experienced providers who need new ideas and materials to use in their programs. Participants will learn and gain access to creative curriculum activities they can explore with the children in their care. These hands-on classes will also give providers the opportunity to create activities they can apply to their programs. Each quarter covers a different activity and the majority of class time is devoted to crafting materials and networking with colleagues.
For information about these training, please contact Lyn or Aida.
Quality Improvement Program Coordinator
Quality Improvement Consultant, bilingual
Referral Specialist, bilingual