Part 1: Start-Up Grant Information & Application
The Office of Child Care and CCR&R ~ Metro has funding available for individuals wishing to get a Family Child Care License. Up to $350 is reimbursed to providers to cover the costs of initial licensing fees and expenses. The grant is a reimbursement after the expenses have already been incurred and you have received your license. You will need to keep receipts from purchases you make such as:
- Bureau of Licensing fees and City/County Business License fees
- Fire & kitchen inspection fees, fire extinguishers, and smoke detectors
- First aid kits
- First Aid, CPR, Food Handlers Certification, and T.B. Test
- CCR&R Basic Child Care Training class fee
In order to receive this Start-up Grant you will be required to send us:
- A grant application form.
- Copies of the receipts for your expenses.
- A copy of the certificate showing that you have completed the Basic Child Care Training course.
- A copy of your new child care license.
Part 2: Start-Up Grant Participation Agreement Contract
The Office of Child Care and CCR&R ~ Metro has funding available for Licensed Family Child Care providers. Providers may choose up to $250 worth of toys and materials from the list determined by the provider and the Recruitment & Retention Consultant during a 1 hour site visit. These items are awarded to providers to enhance the quality of their programs and environments. Grantees will be able to select quality materials from a list of pre-approved suppliers.
The Part 2 Grant is available to 'first-time' licensed family child care providers. You may request this grant any time during your first year of licensure. However, grant requirements must be completed prior to the first year anniversay of licensure date. In order to receive the materials, you will need to:
- Complete 10 hours of training of one Career Ladder class Level 1-3 within the first year.
- Have a Recruitmant and Retention Consultant from CCR&R ~ Metro schedule and conduct a site visit.
- Submit application, copy of your license, your order form and receipts within your first year.
- Remain licensed during the grant period.
Contact the Office of Child Care for additional grant opportunities.