If you have the passion to help strengthen families, foster safe environments for children and help moms prepare their pre-school children for educational success, then Children’s Service Society has a place for you as a volunteer. It is a tradition we’ve been cultivating in Utah for 127 years!
Current volunteer opportunities:
Pick up, organize or manage in-kind contributions of children’s clothes and toys:
CSS is grateful to receive donations of toys, clothing and other items from local and national retailers. These contributions come in or go out almost weekly and help is needed to pick up and temporarily store these items in an organized system to ensure they are used as intended – to help the children and families enrolled in CSS programs.
Currently our paid staff and counselors are taking time that could be used to help CSS clients with other pressing needs. A volunteer who is committed to the stewardship of these donations could have a direct impact in helping those in need and in stretching the resources of CSS. We would love to find one to three people who could pick up these donations with a few days notice and interact well with the donors. If we are super lucky, someone will come along who wants to be even more involved – a volunteer who loves to organize and perhaps even help with stocking and distribution efforts.
Please call and we can meet and see if this is a good fit for a one-time project, short term or longer-term volunteer opportunity for you or your group. This is an ongoing need.
- A short, initial training will be needed
- Access to a vehicle or truck would be helpful but not necessary
- Volunteers are asked to treat others with respect, patience and understanding
- Some volunteers should be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds or able to direct others to do so safely
- Organizational skills a plus
- Groups of people aged 16 to 116 are welcome!
Help Kids Play, Learn, Craft and Snack
Volunteers are needed to help run weekly support groups for children in our Grandfamilies Kinship Care programs or with monthly social events and parties that bring laughter, love, and fun to the lives of children and the relatives who want to create a safe environment for kids. These include our weekly group meetings and Friend 2 Friend program as well as holiday parties at Halloween, Easter, and Christmas, including a summer BBQ.
- Weekly group activities are held from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Volunteers are asked to come a few minutes early to help the director set up
- Help kids with crafts, activities, directed play and snacks and then help clean up
- No previous training is needed. We will train you
- You must be 16 years of age or older
- You may need to pass a background check
- Please be willing to commit to 4 to 8 weeks of volunteering about 2.5 hours per week
- Classes held in Murray and also in Davis County
Volunteer to mentor and encourage new parents
Home Visitation volunteers needed to visit low-income and/or at-risk new moms in their homes. You will have an opportunity to pass along your wealth of experience and wisdom to new moms who want additional resources to raise healthy and well-adjusted children.
Help us make a difference in the community. Your volunteer service can change lives and bring hope and confidence to families and children in need!
For more information on volunteer opportunities contact: